Missouri Revised Statutes Section 170.045 RSMo
“In school year 2020-2021 and in each school year thereafter, each school district shall provide trauma-informed, developmentally appropriate sexual abuse training to students in all grades not lower than sixth grade. School districts must include the following components in their training:
- Instruction providing students with the knowledge and tools to recognize sexual abuse
- Instruction providing students with the knowledge and tools to report an incident of sexual abuse
- Actions that a student who is a victim of sexual abuse could take to obtain assistance and intervention
- Available resources for students affected by sexual abuse
S.A.F.E. Guide to Growing Up/Healthy Relationships was created to instruct 6th – 8th grade students on child sexual abuse prevention/education. For more information on our S.A.F.E. Programs, click here.
For more information on guidelines created by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and Missouri Kids First, please download the following documents:
Sexual Violence Prevention Toolkits for Counselors in 6th – 12th Grades
Sexual Violence Prevention (SVP) toolkits are provided free of charge to our local counselors through a grant from the Office on Violence Against Women for counties in our service area (Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Perry, Scott and Stoddard). The SVP Toolkits contain the following information:
- The SVP binder with over 250 pages of interactive games and programs regarding child sexual abuse prevention/education
- The SVP flash drive with over 60 color posters and 13 programs/toolkits
- SVP posters including over 60 color 8 ½ x 11 and 11 x 17 posters
If you are a school counselor for 6th – 12th grade students in our coverage area and have not yet received your toolkit, please contact SEMO-NASV at (573) 332-1900.